2.23.2009

South Carolina

Last Monday I drove to South Carolina to check out the area where I am trying to get a job. I stayed with a family friend, who is also trying to get a teaching a job. I had a screening interview with one district Tuesday afternoon. This was a generic interview to feel out the applicants and then the district office passes applicants to the principals. Its also a way to feed out all the crazies. That interview went well, but there are no openings right now in that school system so its just a waiting game. The rest of the week I helped my friend out with her 3 children and we looked at houses/apartments/townhouses during the day while the kids were at school. I feel in love with the area and found a townhouse I want to buy. I had a awesome time with my friend and her family. I usually only get to see them once, maybe twice a year. I spent the most time around her 3 year old who is a trip. The kid LOVES High School Musical. And when I mean LOVE, I mean the kid and sing all the songs and quote the movie. Her favorite song is "Fabulous" and she can sing it without music. Its crazy and highly entertaining. Her mom had to bribe her with HSM3 so she would participate in swim lessons. So when we took her to Wal-Mart to get it she is walking through the store saying quite loudly "High School Musical 3! Its my favorite!" Combined I think I saw 2 and 3 a dozen times. The week got more exciting when her oldest son, who is 9, broke is arm Thursday night. He stopped himself with his hand from running into a wall at basketball practice. We didn't realize how bad it was until he was x-rayed Friday afternoon. We didn't even think it was broken at first. Lets just say he had to go to the hospital on Saturday to have it reset. Saturday was also the day of a job fair in another school district. My friend and I went and we were thinking that we were going to be interviewed. Well when we got there we found out that all we were doing was introducing ourselves to the principal/assistant principal of all the schools. None of the schools have openings that I am available for, so again its just a waiting game. None the schools have given out contracts for next year cause they are all waiting on state budgets. So I probably wont know anything till April or May. In the mean time I think I might go crazy. I really need to get out of Auburn.

No comments: