2.11.2009

Its that time of year again.

You know when we can't walk into a store without seeing reds, pinks, balloons, flowers, and tons of different candies. Its appalling to me that people get so worked up over this and "define" their relationship on what their significant other got them. Seriously? It makes me want to scream!! And people wonder why marriages fail. It seems that most people in this country don't know how to have a relationship and show that they love their husband/partner through out the whole year. What's the point? I know I am not the only person with this opinion, but I would much rather receive or give something on any other day of the year BUT Feb. 14th because I know the gift isn't being given out of love but rather because everyone else is doing it. Sooo cliche!

I came across this article on CNN today and it hit the nail right on the head.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/11/martin.valentine/index.html

It can be summed up with the last few sentences:

The people who plan their lives around Valentine's are like those who spend more time planning their wedding day rather than planning their marriage. The day is nice and wonderful, but what makes it last is what you do on the "non-special" days.


I felt so relieved when I read this! Its good to know that there are other people out there that agree with me.

No comments: